Celebrating a beautiful life.
And oh yes. I celebrated. I celebrated with plenty of food sins. Do I regret it? Maybe a little. I've made some progress with my brain in terms of my eating sins. At least I KNOW now after eating like I did all weekend that I will have to make up for it. Did knowing this change my actions? No. But I also know that I can't continue to eat like crap all the time either. I know better.
Just like everything, the things I can't have? Not being able to have them makes me want those things more than ever. Food is no different. Not being able to "have" it makes me want to eat it that much more. And when I give in? It's a rush. I mean what the hell? You heard it here first and I confess... I am addicted to naughty food that I can't have unless I want to gain back 40 pounds. You know what? I don't want that weight back on my ass. I'm going to continue to fight.
For the record. I did fail the DietBet. I hope the winners are enjoying my money. LOL. Not that I want to get all TMI or anything on a Monday, but mother nature kinda screwed me on the timing of the weigh in on the DietBet. Sorry, but even the best eating isn't going to win the battle against that bitch.
Nonetheless. A new day. A new week. I am refreshed. What am I going to do to redeem myself?
- Track my food. Even though I am following the South Beach Diet (which has actually worked, albeit slowly), I still need to write down what I eat. It's called. Wait for it. ACCOUNTABILITY.
- Follow my training plan. I have 27 days until my next 5K- the Get In Gear 5K. I have felt really sluggish lately. I'm sure a lot of it weather related. A lot of it just my own personal demons. I'm going to start committing to once a week runs with the Life Time Fitness Run Club (Let's face it. I have a kid. If I can make it once a week at 6p, that is a lot). My Lucky Ladies Running Crew is also planning to run together at a minimum of once a month as well. Overall, I have SOMEthing exercise related to do DAILY. If it isn't running, it is cross training. If it isn't cross training it is strength training. If it isn't any of those, I will sit and stretch while watching Y & R on my DVR. I seriously need it to be 50-60 degrees on a daily basis.
- Time to do a mini detox/cleanse. I came across Jillian Michael's [not so] Secret Cleanse Recipe via Pinterest and was intrigued. It sounded a little gross. What I love about it? You don't have to stop eating. You drink this in addition to your HEALTHY diet (meaning you limit processed foods sugar and alcohol as well as lower your sodium intake). Now, they gimmick this as losing 5 pounds in 7 days. I did it once before after a weekend of heaving boozing and I did lose 3 pounds in 5 days. Yes, all water weight. It's easy to gain it back. However, when you are feeling as gross as I am after all the weekend sugar and carbs, this really helps to reduce the bloat.
- 60 Oz distilled water
- 2 TBS sugar free cranberry juice (not from concentrate)
- 2 dandelion root tea bags
- 4 TBS lemon juice
- mix and drink each day. (sipping through out the day)
I have a couple other little secrets that have helped me along the way in terms of kicking the cravings.
- I chew sugar-free gum. A lot of gum. Yes, it messes with my TMJ but it's a sacrifice I make to not stuff food in my mouth. Plus, I have ridiculously fresh, fruity breath.
- I polish my nails at night. Not every night, but probably every few days. Sounds like a crazy, tedious chore, right? Well, doing my nails means my hands are busy, I don't want to mess up my pretty nails by digging into something to eat and the taste of nail polish remover? Disgusting.
- The more distractions the better!!!!
- One last secret... a supplement from Life Time Fitness called Lean Source. It isn't some magic pill that makes me lose weight. None of them are. However when combined with a healthy diet and exercise, I am a firm believer that it has enhanced my results. I can definitely tell the difference when I miss a dose. This little tidbit of info on Lean Source is what got me to try it because you know, I'm an old lady: "7-Keto™ supports proper hormonal levels, including balancing thyroid hormone levels, which may be more significant in women over age 30." and this: "Clarinol™ CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) has been shown to support reductions in body fat while helping to maintain or increase lean body mass." So yeah. It was worth a try. I like it so far.
I hope you and your family had a very blessed Easter!
P.S. Singing vid is coming... Stay tuned my loyal readers!