2012 could turn out to be very interesting... My husband has been itching to get out of his current job and into something new and exciting. There are several roads a new job could lead him down: ones that will offer stability and promotion down the road and ones that would require extensive travel but be lucrative enough to allow me to become a stay at home mom (SAHM). We have had several conversations about his job opportunities and my only hesitation with the travel-related positions was how crazy it would make my life with trying to be both mom and working full-time. My job isn't as flexible as it once was and I'm not sure I could make it work. At least make it work and keep my sanity.
I'll admit, I find myself getting very excited about the prospect of being able to become a SAHM. It used to scare me to think about jumping ship from my career but the more I find myself daydreaming about being around for my son, the more appealing it is.
- I would be able to send him to half day Kindergarten close to our house (just a short 2 years away!!).
- I could be home for him when he gets off the bus.
- We would have more time for activities, lessons and sports.
- I would always be there for him when he's sick and needs to go to the doctor.
- I would never miss a school play.
- I could volunteer at his school and go on field trips.
- I could get back into music and maybe even join the church choir.
- We would have our summers free to go swimming or to the cabin whenever we want.
- I wouldn't have to worry about running out of PTO.
- My house would be clean.
- I would keep the finances in order.
- I could actually work on my health & fitness goals.
- No more work politics and stress.
Regardless of what happens, I will continue to keep a positive spirit flowing into 2012. I won't let health issues control my life. I will continue working towards my weight loss goals and would like to make my WeightWatchers Lifetime goal before the end of 2012. I will continue running and plan to run another 5K in 2012. I want to take a family vacation. I resolve to spend more married time with my husband and trust more people into our home to babysit. I want to get Jack into more activities and open myself up to making some new mom friends in my neighborhood. I am hoping to renew my relationship with the church and really want to make an effort to start going this year on a regular basis- church was an important part of my childhood and I want it to be a part of my son's life as well.
That is a shit ton of resolutions. Will I meet them all? Nope, probably not, but I will certainly give it a try!
I am looking forward to an awesome 2012!