The kiddo is finally taking a nap. The husband is out watching the Vikes with his old Frat brothers.
The quiet is fantastic.
I am so excited for what 2011 has in store. I have resolutions. I have plans. I try not to get too stuck on plans though, because plans can change. Sometimes those plan changes can be hard and nobody, especially me, likes to be disappointed. So instead of making myself crazy trying to make everything that I want happen, I will simply say that I have high hopes and that in 2011 I'll be... flexible.
1) There are two wedding events that I have to look forward to this year. The first is in May and is the wedding of my sister-in-law. Her courtship has been a little bit of a whirlwind and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't the slightest bit nervous and skeptical. She met her now fiance in September, was engaged within 6 weeks and pregnant just 5 weeks after that. The pregnancy was planned. It is in my nature to be cautious. I always have been- especially where men are concerned. I know there are plenty of love stories with short courtships. I truly hope she is one of them. The second wedding is that of a close friend of the past 10 years. She has been insanely picky about men but when she met this one? We just knew that this was different. She has a beautiful August wedding planned at a flower farm. Can you say romantic?
2) To celebrate my friend's wedding, our little 4 person clique is heading for a long weekend to Madeleine Island in July. Is there a word other than excited? I can't wait to get away for a weekend with my girlfriends. It hasn't happened in a very long time.
3) We decided that this year our little family is going to take a real vacation. Like a full week road trip to do something super fun. We haven't decided where yet, but whatever it is will be great. One of the things I was most excited for when we were finally able to become parents is taking a family vacation. It's a dream come true.
4) This is a resolution and a big deal. I need and want to lose weight. This is no secret and I have failed miserably at it over the past 2 years. For possibly the first time ever, it is real and I want it to happen. After seeing the pictures of me from my brother's wedding and from Christmas, I am dismayed at how I look and it has to change. I want me back. I NEED me back. It will be super hard. It already is. Day #2 on WeightWatchers has been torture. Rather than try and talk about it in this blog, I am planning to start a blog/journal through the WeightWatchers website that is devoted specifically to this journey. I desperately need the support of others who are going through the same thing in order to reach my goals.
5) I want to have another baby. This is the hard one for me because there are no guarantees. We can't just say "Let's have a baby" and then be pregnant the next month. For some reason, it just hasn't worked that way for us. I feel like our family is just not yet complete and want so much for Jack to have a sibling. I refuse to even give in to high hopes because I know how much of a let down it is to see month after month of negative pregnancy tests. I will continue to stay positive and have hope, I will say many prayers.
The most important thing I will do in 2011 is just simply be positive and happy.
Did you make New Year's Resolutions?